Welcome to Food Gnomes Transparency Portal. This is where you can find our governing documents, bank statements, and other important information.
The mission of Food Gnomes is to provide a one-question asked, completely volunteer-run and operated, mobile food pantry, requiring no proof of need or documentation from those we serve while working to empower individuals and communities to fight for food justice.
Code of Conduct (“Gnome Norms”)
Food Gnomes has a Code of Conduct, otherwise known as the “Gnome Norms” which all volunteers, members, and partners are expected to abide by at all times. Our code of conduct can be downloaded here as a PDF.
Policy on Sexual Harassment
Food Gnomes has a Policy on Sexual Harassment in accordance with our beliefs, and with New York State and Federal Law. All members and volunteers, and anyone that Food Gnomes does business with are required to agree to this policy. This policy can be read in full here. To file a sexual harassment complaint, please fill out the complaint form (here) and email it to email@example.com
The Following Food Gnomes Staff Were Trained (Per NYS Guidelines) On Food Gnome’s Sexual Harassment Policy on Sunday, July 14, 2019:
- Matthew L. Schwartz, MBA, LMSW (Trainer)
- Dr. Adithi Chandan
- Fran A. Schwartz
- Kevin Lippes
- Amanda Ocasio, M.A., M.A.
Data & Metrics
Data & Metrics can be found here.
Organizational Documents (such as our articles of organization, our Operating Agreement, and any resolutions) can be found here.
Annual reports will be available here starting on November 6, 2019
Meeting Minutes Will Be Available Here Soon
- 1/29/2019 – Food Gnomes has incorporated as an LLC in Erie County.
- 1/29/2019 – Food Gnomes has incorporated the B-Corp legal text into our Operating Agreement, in order to ensure that we are formed as a B-Corp, and meet the legal requirements.
- 2/8/2019 – Food Gnomes has completed our Impact Assessment and submitted it to the B-Corporation This has started us down the path to becoming a Certified B-Corp.
- 3/10/2019 – Food Gnomes has responded to the B-Lab’s request for more information.
- Food Gnomes was informed that those operating as non-profits, even LLCs are presently not eligible to become Certified B-Corps. We are still functioning as a B-Corp/Public Benefits Corporation. We look forward to becoming certified as soon as B-Corp allows for it.